Isafjordur, Iceland, 22.04.2023 – “North West Iceland is a true hidden gem and a must-see for any traveler seeking unique experiences and breathtaking beauty,” says a spokesperson for Visit Westfjords.
With its stunning landscapes, magnificent waterfalls, hot springs, and wildlife, North West Iceland has become an increasingly popular destination for visitors from around the world. Here are the top 5 places to visit in this magical region:
- Dynjandi Waterfall – Known as the “Jewel of the Westfjords,” Dynjandi is a series of cascading waterfalls that create a mesmerizing display of mist and rainbows. This stunning natural wonder is located in the remote Westfjords and is definitely worth the journey.
- Hornstrandir Nature Reserve – A wild and untouched wilderness, Hornstrandir offers visitors the chance to explore Iceland’s rugged beauty at its finest. With its jagged cliffs, dramatic fjords, and Arctic wildlife, this is a nature lover’s paradise.
- Hvitárvatn Glacier Lagoon – A stunning glacial lagoon in the heart of the Westfjords, Hvitárvatn is a breathtaking sight. The lagoon is surrounded by rugged mountains and glaciers, creating an unforgettable landscape.
- Reykjafjordur Fjord – This stunning fjord is known for its deep blue waters and dramatic cliffs. Visitors can explore the fjord by boat or hike along its rugged shoreline.
- Strandir Coast – A remote and rugged coastline that stretches for over 60 miles, the Strandir Coast offers visitors a glimpse into Iceland’s wild and untamed beauty. This area is known for its hot springs, bird watching, and stunning views of the Arctic Ocean.
“North West Iceland truly offers visitors an unforgettable experience,” says Bjorn Jonsson. “From the stunning Dynjandi Waterfall to the rugged beauty of Hornstrandir, this region is a must-visit for anyone seeking adventure and natural beauty.”
Picture taken from www.westfjords.is
For more information on North West Iceland Westfjords.