Holidaymakers tempted by the idea of adventure travel but hesitant about ‘roughing it’ will be able to book a trip in confidence from The Adventure Company’s new Adventure Collection brochure for 2009/10, released this week.
Adventure Collection trips combine off-the-beaten-track cultural experiences, adventure activities and wildlife encounters with high standard travel and hand-picked accommodation for families and groups.
“The Adventure Collection is not about luxury travel – it is about providing our customers with a higher level of comfort while they enjoy the same absorbing, adventure-based itineraries,” explains managing director Claire Wilson. “Customers booking Adventure Collection trips may be entirely new to adventure travel; they may be busy professionals who want rest and relaxation as well as stimulation; older travellers able to treat themselves; or parents who want the reassurance that this holiday will suit their family’s needs.”
Consistently quality accommodation, specially selected for its stunning location, local charm and standard of cleanliness, is central to Adventure Collection trips. Many options will include en suite rooms and even swimming pools, while local guesthouses, tented camps and lodges may also be used. All accommodation is named within itineraries, making it possible for potential customers to research the properties before booking a trip.
The quality experience of an Adventure Collection trip begins before customers even leave the UK, with entrance business lounges included in the price. Direct flights are booked where available, to maximise the time that can be spent on the ground.
Adventure Collection trips are also enhanced for travellers by the small group sizes, with a maximum of twelve passengers on most trips and sometimes as few as four. Group leaders will therefore be able to provide high levels of personal attention and itineraries can be kept more flexible to suit the interests of the group. When travelling between destinations, passengers will be provide with the most comfortable transport options.
The Adventure Company’s Adventure Collection brochure contains over 30 trips worldwide for families and adult travellers, including safaris in Africa, overland adventures in Asia and expedition cruises in the Antarctic region. Around half of the trips are new for 2009/10, with highlights including:
• Sensational Sicily – Discover the attractions of the Mediterranean’s largest island, blending culture, activity and relaxation. Sicily is a brand new destination for the Adventure Company and this Worldwide Collection trip includes hikes to the island’s volcanoes, excursions to historical sites and a hydrofoil trip to neighbouring Panarea to enjoy the beaches and perhaps some local wine. Accommodation includes a beautifully restored medieval palazzo in the historical centre of Siracusa. Prices for the eight-day trip start from £1,359 per person including flights
• Heart of Borneo – Charles Darwin described the island of Borneo as ‘one great luxuriant hothouse made by nature for herself’. Travellers will encounter endangered species such as orang-utans and rhinos; take a riverboat journey through swamp forests and enjoy guided trips into the rainforest. The adventure ends at the beautiful stilted Kapalai Island Resort, with time to relax or enjoy the nearby SCUBA diving sites. Prices for the 13-day trip start from £2,349 per person including flights
• Masai Safari – This Family Collection trip in Kenya gets up close to Africa’s amazing wildlife including baby elephants and giraffes in Nairobi’s Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Centre. In the Masai Mara, Masia guides will lead families on a walking safari. Distinctive accommodation includes comfortably furnished thatched bandas, constructed of stone and canvas, which blend beautifully into the landscape. Prices for the 10-day trip start from £1,479 per child and £1,829 per adult including flights
• Indochina Insights – A new Family Collection trip to Vietnam and Cambodia, exploring from Hanoi to Phnom Penh including a visit to Angkor Wat and a full day’s boat trip from Nha Trang to swim and snorkel in crystal clear waters. Accommodation includes international standard hotels and one night on a traditional junk boat that has been converted into a floating hotel. Prices for the 17-day trip start from £2,129 per child and £2,299 per adult including flights
• Camels and Kasbahs – A week-long Family Collection adventure in Morocco including a camel trek into the desert to stay overnight in a ‘1001 Arabian Nights’ style Bedouin tented camp. Prices start from £1,079 per child and £1,159 per adult including flights
To view the Adventure Collection brochure for 2009/10 online, visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/theme.aspx?productid=150077.
The Adventure Collection is the premium brand of tour operator The Adventure Company, which itself offers over 200 adventure holidays worldwide.
To request a copy of the Adventure Collection brochure for 2009/10 by post, or for more information on any of the trips listed above, see www.adventurecompany.co.uk or telephone 0845 609 0889.
– Ends –
For further information contact Kate Popham or Kylie Jenkins at The Saltmarsh Partnership on 020 7928 1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Visit The Adventure Company’s online press office for archived press releases and images: www.adventurecompany.co.uk/press-office.aspx