ABUJA, NIGERIA–(eNewsWire – Jan 16, 2012) – The following is a press release from the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources, Alhaji Goni Sheik.
Following the promise made by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR, earlier today, that the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) will be “given accelerated attention”, the Honorable Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, has today set up a bi-partisan Special PIB Task Force to work with the Ministry to further facilitate the quick passage of the PIB.
Members of the Special PIB Task Force are:
1. Senator Udoma Udo Edoma Chairman
2. Senator Tunde Ogbeha Member
3. Senator Lawan Shuaibu Member
4. Honourable Chibudom Nwuche Member
5. Honourable Abdulahi Gumel Member
6. Honourable Habeeb Fashinro Member
7. Mr. Peter Esele (President, TUC) Member
8. Legal Adviser, FMPR Secretary
The Special PIB Task Force will be inaugurated on Thursday, January 19th at 10am in the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
Alhaji Goni Sheik
Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resource