Property Portfolio Manager, Young Group, is extending its asset management service to institutional investors, property companies, lenders that have taken direct control of property, and developers with part built or completed stock with low/no sales volume.
The Portfolio Management team comprises senior accountants and surveyors with commercial and residential property experience. They take a strategic approach to asset management that is more commonly found within the commercial property arena.
Young Group’s Property Portfolio Management (PPM) service draws on the capabilities of the group companies to manage residential assets through the entire investment cycle. By having this single point of contact service, institutional clients benefit from a coherent strategic approach to management and, where appropriate, best value disposal of their residential assets.
The PPM service is supported on a day-to-day basis by Young London, Young Group’s own London-based estate agency, which manages more than 300 residential property assets across the capital, and by the Group’s furnishing business, Young Furnishing.
Young Group’s CEO, Neil Young points out: “Time and time again we find that Young Group can outperform more traditional approaches to holding, managing and disposing of residential property, particularly in this challenging market.”
Neil Young, continues; “our PPM service has already proved its worth for our global client base of private investors and in the current economic climate, institutional investors with an interest in residential property assets are turning to us for our expertise.
“We are already in discussion with a number of institutional investors and lenders in regard to developing and implementing a coherent strategy for managing their portfolios of residential property assets.
“It’s not rocket science to know that dumping portfolios onto the open market brings poor returns. The skill is in taking a strategic approach, looking at each specific asset, and ensuring that the best possible returns are generated.”
About Young Group (www.younggroup.co.uk)
Young Group specialises in providing Property Portfolio Management services to private and institutional investors, offering asset management, acquisition and disposal off residential property investments in London.
At a Glance:
• 255: The number of apartments that Young Group clients have successfully completed on in 2008
• 67%: The percentage of new business generated through referral and by repeat investors
• £700 million: The value of property that Young Group has transacted since it formed in 2003
• 1,700: The number of apartments that Young Group has transacted since 2003
• 15: The number of developments offered to Young Group’s client base of global private investors
• 300: The number of assets currently under management by Young London – our lettings business
• £35 million: The value of mortgages written by Young Finance in 2008
• 272: The number of tenants who will sleep soundly in beds provided by Young Furnishing
• 99%: The proportion of investors who will hold their property assets for at least the next 12 months.
Young Group manages the entire investment process from sourcing opportunities through to financing (Young Finance: www.youngfinance.co.uk), furnishing (Young Furnishing: www.youngfurnishing.co.uk) and letting (Young London: www.younglondon.co.uk). Young Group is the principal in the majority of transactions and also retains a number of units for its own portfolio. As the principal, Young Group does not realise any profits until completion and has transacted in excess of 1,700 apartments, with a retail value of more than £700 million. The majority of our units are bought by clients for their private portfolios. The Group’s portfolio managers liaise with the Young London estate agency team in advance of completion to let investors’ apartments to quality tenants, often through corporate lets.
Young Group clients have access to all available finance products via Young Group’s FSA regulated mortgage desk, Young Finance. Young Finance is an appointed representative of Thinc Assured Network, one of the UK’s largest financial advisory firms and is not tied to any group of lenders, nor does it charge commission or transaction fees.
• Young Group’s iconic Canary Wharf development, The Landmark (www.TheLandmarkE14.com), has been awarded two Daily Mail Property Awards in the categories of best high rise development and best high rise architecture. The Landmark East Tower rises to a height of 459 ft, making it one of the tallest residential properties in Europe.
• Young Group’s COO, Sylvana Young, has been named Bradford and Bingley’s Property Woman of the Year, 2008 for London.
• Young London (www.younglondon.co.uk) is a finalist in the national Estate Agent and Letting Agent Awards, 2009. The overall winner is announced on 8 April 2009.
Young Group supports NORWOOD and CHILDREN with LEUKAEMIA, two charities particularly close to our heart, donating £50 per property exchange and providing additional support throughout the year. Visit www.younggroup.co.uk to learn more.